Sunday, April 27, 2014

Review: The Forever of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen

16055475
Amazon / Goodreads / IBookstore
Title: The Forever of Ella and Micha
Author: Jessica Sorensen
Series: The Secret #2
Genre: New Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Format: ebook(Kindle format)

 
Synopsis:

Ella and Micha have survived tragedy and heartbreak. When they're together, anything seems possible. But now they are thousands of miles apart, and managing their long distance relationship will put their love to the test.


Ella is back at school, trying hard not worry so much about her future. But with her father in and out of rehab, she's having a hard time making it through the days. All she wants is Micha by her side, but she refuses to let her problems get in the way of his dreams.



Micha spends his days touring the country with his band, but deep down he knows something is missing. Being away from Ella is harder than he thought it would be. He wants her closer to him-needs her with him. But he won't ask her to leave college, just to be with him.



The few moments they do spend together are intense and passionate, but it only makes it more difficult when they have to part. They know they want to be together, but is wanting something enough to get them to their forever?



Review-crop

“Saying goodbye is always hard, but sometimes it’s necessary to move on in life.”

Ella and Micha’s story continues and this time it wasn’t just their demons catching up to them, but also distance. Ella has to continue her studies in Las Vegas and Micha decided to join a band and go on tours which forces the two of them to spend little time with each other and more time on the phone. With Ella’s father forced to enter rehab, she was again reminded that it was her fault everything in her loved ones life were ruined and with Micha’s absence, getting out of the dark pit became harder. Now she’s experiencing panic attacks, nervous breakdowns, which in turn cost her relationship with Micha, but with the help of her and Micha’s bestfriends, Lila and Ethan, the couple tries to break all walls that’s trying to separate them and overcome the dark pit that has been trying to break them apart.

“Because people go into this blind. They don’t know the bad side of the person they’re with. But we know each other’s flaws and cracks-we know what we’re getting into and that makes us stronger.”

I liked this book better than the second one and that’s rare for me because I’ve always assumed that second installments usually bad. Not just in movies but also in books, and for the first time I was proved wrong. This book contained everything I thought the first book lacked, the character and story development. I am not sure if it is a good thing that Micha and Ella actually fought in this book but that what I was waiting for, for them to burst out emotions. Seriously, no couple doesn’t ever fight. In the first book Ella just keeps on running away and Micha just waits for her to come around, but this time it was different. Ella learnt to face and overcome the darkness that has been trying to consume her eversince her mother’s death and Micha stops being a push-over. Micha doesn’t even realize it but he is, he had always hated his father for leaving them but when his father calls on him just because he needed his help he goes and helps his father without even gaining back his trust and love. Ella just pushes him away but he always waits for her even if he has his own problems as well, he keeps everything to himself assuming that he’s the strongest but he’s not. Just like Ella, he needed help too.

“It isn’t as important to feel great about all the things we do.
But how we feel toward the end when we look back at everything we’ve done.”

I was expecting more of Lila and Ethan in this book and there just a few, but it’s ok since I enjoyed the MC more in this book. I really liked what happened towards the ending, maybe I’m just a sucker for happy endings. Overall I found this book better than the first and it had more positive incidents that I really liked. It was touching and I was actually happy for the characters, even for Ella’s mean brother. So for those who are hesitating on starting this series, please try this one, it was as if it was based on someone’s true life story, touching and moving.

Rating-crop
notenotenotenote
4 out of 5

*And for some bonus here are some tracks from the book. Smile

No, they don't know who I really am

And they don't know what I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...